Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Horsemanship Class

BannerAd1

This blog is just a personal one. No rambling about the online business today. (Although I got more leads...yay!) This blog is called "LIFE of an Online Entrepreneur," which would encompass not only business matters but life in general.
Yesterday I my final for my horsemanship class. We had to do a list of groundwork tasks, preferably perfectly. I practiced a lot with my horse beforehand. But of course, the rule is when it is important, he will deliberately try to fail. Lol. I think we actually did okay overall, but he was just incredibly lazy. We had to yield hindquarters and forequarters with a direct feel, flag the horse, send on a circle, do transitions, draw back, trot over a tarp, trot through cones at shoulder, back up through cones at a distance, jump barrels, back over a pole between 2 barrels from a distance. I think that's it. Some of this stuff is harder than it sounds lol. I can't wait til we get to riding finally. Which won't be til mid next semester :(
Apparently some people on the road to the ranch thought it would be a great idea to drive cattle down the road just when students are needing to get to class. Good thing I left early. They still weren't done when I was on the way back home. I have cow poop and mud all over my truck and trailer lol. My horse got so excited about the cows, he kept whinnying and shaking the trailer. He loves chasing them. :)
Well this is long enough. Have a good day everyone!

No comments: